Eames Lounge Chair is a classic dining chair designed by Charles and Ray Eames in the 1956. The seat was once included in the world's best product design. Examples of these furnishings are part of the permanent collection of New York's Museum of Modern Art.
Chinese Name: 伊姆斯椅
Designer: Charles & Ray Eames
Design Date: In 1956
Position: Included in the world's best product design
Eames Lounge Chair designed by Charles and Ray Eames, which became a part of the permanent collection of New York's Museum of Modern Art.
Eames Lounge Chair first appeared on the Arlene Francis Home show broadcast on the NBC television network in the USA in 1956, and now it still popular with the world.
In 2003, it was listed in one of the world's best product design.
In the 2006 ICFF, it attracted everyone's attention, furthermore, it also became a birthday present for the film director Billy Wilder and the favorite of Herman Miller and Vitra.
1. Bending plate consists of seven layers of plywood covered by finishing veneers of cherry, walnut rosewood and other finishes, it has natural colors and textures.
2. Aluminum base: Available in black painted five-star aluminum feet (Herman Miller version) or silver polished aluminum feet (Vitra version).
3. Sitting up will feel comfortable and elegant. Thereby achieving the effect of reducing stress and eliminating fatigue.
American designers Charles (1907-1978) and Ray Eames (1912-1988) were the most influential designers of the 20th century and pioneered in modern design fields such as architecture, furniture and industrial design. They opened a design office in 1946, joined the famous Miller company in 1947, and brought a stunning work at the end of 1949 - the Eames recliner and footstool. Their masterpieces include the Eames recliner and footstools, as well as the Eames office chair, the Eames restaurant armchair, the restaurant bikini wooden chair and the laminate chair. Nearly a hundred works of the super couples in the design world have been permanently collected by major museums.
The Eames are the perfect companions in the American design world of the 20th century. In terms of division of labor, Eames mainly considers issues from the perspective of technology, materials and production, while Ray considers form, space and aesthetics more. This combination helps them to combine structural, functional, psychological, aesthetic, and cultural issues across all aspects of product design. Their design practices have greatly enriched the theory of modern design.
In 1950, Charles and Ray Eames faced a new challenge in designing a chair that was both economical, lightweight, sturdy, and of high quality. Inspired by the Eiffel Tower in France, they use curved steel bars and shaped plastic to make this classic dining chair. The beautiful shape and utility functions make the Eiffel chair immediately popular and popular.
1. This item is one of the Eames Plastic Chair series. The comfortable seat shell design is made of glass fiber reinforced plastic, and is complemented by a different feet to increase the variety of use. It is worth mentioning that the innovative technology and materials of Eames Plastic Chair make it the world's first single chair that is mass-produced.
2. Today's innovative technology has enabled the full range of Eames Plastic Chair to be re-created. The use of environmentally recyclable polypropylene to create a beautifully designed seat shell, not only lighter weight, but also better heat resistance and chemical resistance.